Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Automation Manager
Fortech is looking to add a visionary manager to its team in Cluj Napoca.
You will work for our client, based in the USA. They develop and operate a unique proprietary platform, which integrates commerce, marketing and data services for retailers and brands, being a market leader in the industry it targets.
The new colleague will have to understand the technical aspects and coordinate the efforts towards reaching CI/CD in a sustainable way for the entire eCommerce platform.
This role will be a nice mix between Project Management responsibilities, technical vision and hands on sufficient for the technical team to be able to execute.
You will be part of our DevOps team in Cluj Napoca and will connect with software engineers and leaders from our client in the USA.
Valid Until:15 September 2017
1. Integration Management
- Project Plan Development (basic management – support for Project Leader)
- Project Plan Execution (basic management for assigned team – responsible for quality and time)
- Integrated Change Control
2. Project Time Management
- Activity Definition (for responsible team)
- Activity Sequencing (for responsible team)
- Activity Duration Estimation (for responsible team)
- Schedule Development (for responsible team)
- Schedule Control (for responsible team)
3. Project Cost Management
- Resources Planning (together with Project Manager on customer’s side)
- Cost Controlling
4. Project Human Resources Management (people management and personal interaction)
- Project Staffing Acquisition (together with Project Leader/ Project Manager on the customer’s side)
- Team Development (for responsible team)
5. Risk Management
- Risk Identification (together with Unit Manager and on project level)
- Risk Monitoring & Control (together with Unit Manager and on project level)
6. Team Dynamics
- Coaching team members
- Initiating and Moderating meetings
CI/CD Automation responsibilities:
- Contribution to define and refine the backlog of tasks to be automated to reach CD together with the Dev Manager from the customer
- Stakeholder management in order to establish priorities for the team and its deliverables
- Contribution to both the DevOps vision and also breakdown, drive the team to execute towards the automation of the delivery pipeline
- Contribution to finding the correct mechanisms to knowledge share and absorb new technology and automation into all teams
- Contribution to make sure standards and goals are met and distributed to the other teams making an impact on the whole department for this partner’s R&D department
- Customer negotiation and representing the team’s interest and automation benefits
- 8 + years in software development
- 4+ years managing projects involving software development
- Experience managing all phases of a project and software development lifecycles
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with DevOps concepts
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment – Team City, NuGet, Octopus or similar
- Database – SQL Server, SQL Server Data Tools or similar
- Full-stack development – .NET 4.5, Web API
- Infrastructure as code – PowerShell DSC, ARM Templates (Azure) or similar
- Scripting – PowerShell, Shell or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization and with customers
- Well organized, detail oriented, analytical and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Scrum Master certification – nice to have
- BA/BS degree is preferred, but demonstrated experience is essential
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.