Fortech is looking to add an experienced Release Engineer to its team in Cluj Napoca.
You will join Agile global project teams, working closely with our partners. We are involved in multiple projects, ranging from high-traffic web applications, eCommerce, web services, and mobile apps, to internal support applications.
You will have the opportunity to be part of an expanding business and get involved through all the stages of the development cycle of our software solutions.
You will be part of our DevOps team in Cluj Napoca and will connect with software engineers and leaders from our client in the USA.
Valid Until:30 June 2017
- Create automated scripts and processes for releasing and deploying our software
- Perform software deployments
- Analyze the existing release process to identify opportunities for improvement using automation and new technologies
- Work with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support
- Work with cutting edge technologies, towards building a Continuous Delivery Environment
- Use and build tools for checking system performance
- Create dashboards and other tools for day-to-day monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience with Windows Server operating environments
- Experience configuring sites in IIS: configure application pools, create new sites, bindings (protocol and IP), SSL certificates, copy code
- Scripting Experience: PowerShell, Shell Scripting (Bash)
- Strong troubleshooting skills, diagnostics including error logs, application logs, databases
- Experience with debugging tools: Fiddler/ Postman or similar
- Familiar with MS SQL Server or similar DBMS
- Experience with Linux Systems and middleware (SOLR, RabbitMQ, Memcached)
- Ability to follow guidelines and independently seek required information in order to configure a server/application/environment and document the chosen solution
- Experience with continuous integration tools, configuring and deploying automated builds (TeamCity, CCNET, Jenkins, ProGet, Octopus Deploy)
- Good knowledge of source control methodologies and configuration management solutions (SVN, Git, Teamcity etc.)
- Understand web application configuration files
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure (vSphere, Azure)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good command of English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Nuget, or other configuration management tools
- Experience with Agile development processes including Scrum
- Experience with network infrastructure, load balancers, DNS, content delivery networks (Akamai)
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules, remote work or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.