Release Team Manager
Fortech is looking to add a dedicated and experienced Release Team Manager to its release engineering team in Cluj Napoca.
You will work for our client, based in the USA. They develop and operate a unique proprietary platform, which integrates commerce, marketing and data services for retailers and brands, being a market leader in the industry it targets.
This role is a nice mix of coordination/communication skills and technical skills needed to make the release process and activities more efficient.
You will be part of our DevOps team in Cluj Napoca and will connect with software engineers and leaders from our client in the USA.
Valid Until:15 September 2017
1. Integration Management
- Project Plan Development (basic management – support for Project Leader)
- Project Plan Execution (basic management for assigned team – responsible for quality and time)
- Integrated Change Control
2. Project Time Management
- Activity Definition (for responsible team)
- Activity Sequencing (for responsible team)
- Activity Duration Estimation (for responsible team)
- Schedule Development (for responsible team)
- Schedule Control (for responsible team)
3. Project Cost Management
- Resources Planning (together with Project Manager on customer’s side)
- Cost Controlling
4. Project Human Resources Management (people management and personal interaction)
- Project Staffing Acquisition (together with Project Leader/ Project Manager on the customer’s side)
- Team Development (for responsible team)
5. Risk Management
- Risk Identification (together with Unit Manager and on project level)
- Risk Monitoring & Control (together with Unit Manager and on project level)
6. Team Dynamics
- Coaching team members
- Initiating and Moderating meetings
Release team responsibilities:
- Contribution to define and refine the Release process within the team and also between other departments together with the counterpart from our partner
- Stakeholder management in order to establish priorities for the team and its deliverables and commitments
- Contribution to integrate into the team the new updates in terms of automation that come from the R&D Automation department; tight liaison between teams and add improvements and automation to this team also
- Contribution to finding the correct mechanisms to make the achievements of the team visible across the organization and the partner’s organization and also make Release process repeatable and efficient
- Contribution to make sure standards and goals are met and distributed to the other teams making an impact on the whole department for this partner’s R&D department
- Customer negotiation and representing the team’s interest and automation benefits
- Discussion with the Architects board in order to achieve new and modern tools to be absorbed and used and keep the team motivated
- 8 + years in software development
- 4+ years managing projects involving software development
- Experience managing all phases of a project and software development lifecycles
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Release/DevOps concepts
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment Setup – Team City, NuGet, Octopus or similar
- Infrastructure as code – PowerShell DSC, ARM Templates (Azure) or similar
- Scripting – PowerShell, Shell or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization and with customers
- Well organized, detail oriented, analytical and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Scrum Master/PM certification – nice to have
- BA/BS degree is preferred, but demonstrated experience is essential
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.