Ruby on Rails Developer
Fortech is looking to add an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to its team in Cluj Napoca.
In this role, you will be part of a project that is built on a server-api-client structure with the purpose of marketing hotels activities to its guests. The base project uses Rails 4 and it comprises comprehensive functionalities (e.g. recurring activity schedules, multiple level accessibility roles, restaurant bookings management etc.). On top of it, there is a Sinatra Api, that returns JSON data to the Sinatra Web client and the mobile ones. You will have the opportunity to develop your technical and/or management role as the team expands.
This will be a dynamic environment, where you have the chance to participate throughout the complete software development lifecycle and to focus on software quality through peer reviews, refactoring, continuous integration and deployment.
You will be part of our Web team in Cluj Napoca and will connect with software engineers and leaders from our client in Germany.
Field:Web / Frontend
Valid Until:31 May 2017
- Extend the web-services functionality that is already implemented
- Work closely with the client, in a Scrum team
- Work on both Rails and Sinatra applications
- Perform code reviews
- Strong knowledge of Ruby programming language and coding conventions in Ruby
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases
- Knowledge of Sinatra framework
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming within the Rails framework
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- RSpec, Capybara
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Strong ability to read and understand others’ code
- Attention to details
- Very good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Research and quick problem solving capabilities
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules, remote work or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.