Senior Java Developer
Fortech is looking to add a Senior Java Developer to its team in Cluj Napoca.
In this role, you will be involved in building applications for our client. Our partner is a company that develops, produces and operates systems and services particularly for the aerospace, defense, and security sector. The client’s focus is on mission-critical products and solutions for customers and partners all over the world. The product areas cover: Aeronautics; Space; Surveillance & Mission Systems, and Support & Services.
You will be part of our Java team in Cluj Napoca and will connect with software engineers and leaders from our client in the Europe Area.
Valid Until:31 October 2017
- Drive a culture of quality first in the organization
- Act as a technical lead and coach for the development team. Influence and train team on concepts
- Help to shape the team skillset to modern technologies
- Lead ongoing updates and is accountable for delivery
- Participate in design and architecture related decisions
- Perform code reviews
- Participate in technical interviews for new team members
- Participate in the performance management process
- Consult with customers in order to evaluate and develop detailed functional/technical design documents
- Estimate and prepare project plans and timelines
- Conduct specifications analysis and effort estimations
- Ensure effective documentation of code, processes, and procedures
- Perform high-quality development for complex distributed applications
- Contribute to the project development process
- Ensure close communication with the team and the client
- Hands-on development in Java and work experience in a lead role
- Experience in software development of complex distributed applications
- Extensive skills within Java SE (Java Networking, Java Concurrency / Multithreading, Java RMI)
- Experience with Ant, Maven, and Jenkins
- Extensive work experience with Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
- Knowledge of code management workflows (SVN, Git)
- Strong emphasis on engineering best practices including, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Facilitative, learn-teach-learn approach – mentor and guide with hands-on delivery
- Must be organized and can continually multitask and re-prioritize base on business priorities
- Ability to work with high-performing teams and challenge them to improve further
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Object-oriented design and multi-threaded application development
- Experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both English and Romanian
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules, remote work or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.