2014: Another Year Worth Remembering
06 June 201922 December 2014 | News
Like many of the previous years, 2014 was one filled with achievements and reasons for celebration. These accomplishments were once again noticed and rewarded by Deloitte, which included Fortech in two of its rankings: 37th in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 CE and 420th in Technology Fast 500 EMEA. These rankings list the most dynamic IT companies in Central Europe and the EMEA region.
2014 in Numbers
From a financial perspective, the present looks great.
„Over the first 9 months of 2014, we maintained the growth rate from 2013, relying mainly on developing and cultivating our relationships with the existing customers and leveraging the positive trend of the IT services market. We estimate that we will wrap up 2014 with revenues that beat those from 2013 by 10%”, declared Calin Vaduva, Fortech’s CEO.
The average number of employees in 2013 was 301, while the end of 2014 found us with more than 400 people on our payroll. This growth is organic, achieved only with company resources; Fortech is 100% Romanian, with no external investment. Being a 100% Romanian business brings greater challenges to Fortech than to some of its main competitors. The tougher the challenges the more surprising our solutions become.
The number of customers and projects follows the same positive trend, with 69 active projects, most of them resource intensive and long-term, and 10 new customers in 2014. Our current client portfolio includes companies from Germany, USA, Denmark, Austria, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland and Australia.
This unabated growth confirms we are on the right track both technically and administratively and proves that success can come without infusions of capital from abroad.
Fortech’s New House
Another achievement frequently highlighted in the local and national media is the completion of the office building that houses most of Fortech’s personnel. This project was a huge leap forward, made with considerable investments of all kinds and expected to bring stability and ensure continuity in the company. The modern, comfortable building is not only a feast to the eye but also the perfect foundation for sustainable development at Fortech, helping us position ourselves at a new level in our relationships with both customers and employees.
We consider the following as very important business achievements at the end of 2014:
- Over 11 Mil Euro in revenues;
- About 30 stable partners with long-term collaborations;
- More than 400 people on our payroll;
- The “grand opening” of the new company office building (headquarters);
- The presence in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 CE and in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA;
- Improved geographical distribution of our business (no partner with more than 20% of our business, customers from different markets like Germany and the USA);
- An increased presence in the USA market, which accounted for about 40% of our revenue share;
- Consolidation of the relationships with customers and with our specialists;
- Refined processes and tools;
- Consolidated organization structure and culture, which support the fast growth of the company really well;
- Investments in own products, training, organizational development, new services;
- Strengthening our position as one of the most important software outsourcing providers in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
This was a year with so many big achievements that hoping for a better one seems wishful thinking. Even so, there is always room for improvement, so what can stop us from dreaming of an even brighter future? We look forward full of confidence in our values, which, if followed strictly, can only lead to results that will make us all proud.