Experienced DevOps Engineers
Fortech is looking to add two dedicated and experienced DevOps Engineers to its team for one of its offices in Cluj Napoca or Iasi.
The project you will work on is an intelligent self-service platform and a full-featured publisher ad server. The platform operates a highly available, globally distributed, latency bound web service hosted exclusively on Amazon Web Services. Our environment relies heavily on Ubuntu LTS in EC2, as well as many other AWS services. We are actively expanding to include new technologies and new operational capacity through automation and monitoring.
In this role, you will help drive operational and infrastructure requirements and assist with building tools to manage the infrastructure. You will work with the Development and Product organizations to architect and deliver new technologies into the existing platform.
You will be part of our DevOps team and will connect with other teams and leaders from our client.
Location:Cluj Napoca, Iasi
- Create and maintain scalable, reliable, consistent, and repeatable systems
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of right technologies
- Implement deployment and system maintenance tools like Ansible, Puppet etc.
- Ensure high availability by establishing and maintaining reliable monitoring and alerting-solutions
- Work closely with development team to deploy new software and improve existing systems
- Tackle any issue that may occur along the way
- 5+ years of experience in Systems or Development
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Be able to shell script and write effective Python or Ruby
- Experience with Unix/Linux CLI
- Experience with automated deployment, provisioning, and configuration tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Saltstack
- Experience with installing, managing, and operation of NoSQL and SQL Databases, like MongoDB, MySQL, and Vertica
- Deep familiarity with TCP/IP, and understanding of internet routing protocols and switched environments
- Fluency in English
- Excellent problem solver skills
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Debian or Ubuntu Linux know-how
- Distributed systems experience
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- German skills
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules, remote work or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.