Experienced Web Back-End Developer for eBike
Fortech is looking to add an Experienced Web Back-End Developer to its team in Cluj Napoca.
In this role, you will be involved in building control and HMI components for light electric vehicles, together with a series of applications which form a complete IoT ecosystem: vehicle hardware, connectivity components, factory tools, mobile applications and dedicated websites. Some of the current features on the device are: speed, bike battery, bike assistance level, pedal torque, date/time etc.
Our partner is a company that develops, produces and operates systems and services particularly for the e-mobility and light electric vehicles sector. Their products include human-machine interfaces and connectivity components.
You will be part of our team in Cluj Napoca and will connect with software engineers and leaders from our client in Germany.
Industry:Internet of Things
- Be responsible for the Cloud back-end services and the architecture that is required to provide customers a platform to update their eBikes with latest Firmware package or collecting data to maintain the eBikes
- Be responsible for building from scratch the online portal for bike riders
- Work closely with Product Owner and Business Analyst and come up with the most effective and efficient solutions
- Use agile mindset & agile practices for your daily work inside feature teams with frameworks like ScrumBan
- Offer support and mentor more junior colleagues
- REST API experience (Java/Spring Boot, optionally Python)
- PostgreSQL/MySQL; NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud platforms Heroku or AWS
- Experience with microservices
- Unit/Integration testing experience (JUnit or similar)
- Git, Jenkins, Atlassian tools
- Good command of English
Nice to have:
- Machine Learning concepts and patterns
- Knowledge of Web Sockets, Web Workers and Service Workers, plus HTTP/2 & SPDY
- Knowledge of progressive web apps (e.g. Polymer, React, Ionic 2)
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and at the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules, remote work or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.