Java Engineering Manager
Fortech is looking to add a Java Engineering Manager, with both managerial skills as well as strong technical background, to its team in Cluj Napoca.
For this role, the main focus will be on extending the current projects portfolio and taking the responsibility of a new customer relationship, from the incipient phase of acquiring the lead to the final stage of building a fully functional delivery team.
The ideal candidate has a broad background and understanding of the whole software delivery lifecycle, strong ability in the areas of management, organization, planning, and communication. Also, he has a solid competence to build new project teams, lead and mentor existing teams of software developers, with constant support from our management level.
Client & Project Side:
- Be actively involved in technical sales process and selection process of new clients
- Build the technical proposal for customer’s project
- Identify and assess future and current staffing needs and gaps
- Build and implement ramp-up plans
- Coordinate the deliverables and project-specific activities performed by cross-functional project team members
- Report status of project(s) regularly to all levels of management appropriately
- Act as a technical lead and coach for the development team
- Participate in technical interviews for new team members
- Participate in the evaluation process
- Ensure close communication with the team and clients
Technical Experience and Skills:
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience in Java
- Tech Stack: Java EE, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- Experience in configuration and usage of Maven and Jenkins
- Database knowledge (SQL, NoSQL)
- Knowledge of code management workflows (SVN, Git)
- Experience in configuration and usage of web servers and app servers
- Knowledge of both software development and QA best practices
- Focused on code quality and high development standards
- Experience managing all phases of a project and software development lifecycles
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Leadership Experience and Skills:
- Experience in Technical Leadership of software engineering teams
- Ability to work with multiple teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in leading, mentoring, hiring, and performance reviewing
- Ability to effectively motivate and manage teams of individuals
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization and with clients
- Ability to be well organized, detail-oriented, analytical and have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.