Java Team/Technical Lead
Fortech is looking to add a Senior Software Engineer and a strong technical lead with a broad background and understanding of the whole delivery ecosystem and strong ability in the areas of process development and management, organization, planning, and communication.
As a Tech Lead, you have the skills to manage, motivate and lead a technical engineering team, have high standards for quality and an appetite for building robust and reliable Java applications, have a curious nature and you’re interested in making improvements and innovate.
In this role, you will manage and mentor a team of software developers whilst getting stuck into software design and development, implement software development best practices and be involved in Java code reviews. You will lead your team to push the boundaries of innovation and technology, take a data-driven approach to engineering.
- Partner closely with business and act in a consultative role
- Drive a culture of quality first in the organization
- Act as a technical lead and coach for the development team. Influence and train team on concepts
- Help to shape the team skillset to modern technologies
- Lead ongoing updates and is accountable for delivery
- Participate in design and architecture related decisions
- Perform code reviews
- Participate in technical interviews for new team members
- Participate in the evaluation process
- Consult with customers in order to evaluate and develop detailed functional/technical design documents
- Estimate and prepare project plans and timelines
- Conduct specifications analysis and effort estimations
- Ensure effective documentation of code, processes and procedures
- Perform high-quality development for complex applications
- Contribute to the project development process
- Ensure close communication with the team and the client
- 5+ years Software Engineering experience and hands-on development in Java and work experience in a lead role
- Experience in software development of complex applications (front-end and back-end)
- Extensive skills within Java SE, Java EE, Spring Framework, Hibernate
- Experience with Maven and Jenkins
- Extensive work experience with Eclipse
- Database knowledge (SQL/MySQL, NoSQL like MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Knowledge of code management workflows (SVN, Git)
- Experience in using Apache/Tomcat/WebSphere
- Strong emphasis on engineering best practices including; Peer Reviews, Inspections, Automation, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Facilitative, learn-teach-learn approach – mentor and guide with hands-on delivery
- Must be organized and can continually multitask and re-prioritize base on business priorities
- Ability to work with high-performing teams and challenge them to improve further
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Object-Oriented Design and multi-threaded application development
- Experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
You will have the opportunity to guide and help young developers build their careers. Teaching others is an important part for us so you will have the opportunity to test your presentation skills and improve them.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules, remote work or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.