The Moving Challenge is a 6-month sports program organized by Fortech, a GlobalLogic company. It started 5 years ago as an internal initiative, gradually grew, and last year over 40% of our colleagues participated in it. This year, we open the Moving Challenge externally, following an invite-only format.
The program starts on May 1st, 2023, and will end on November 1st, 2023. Its main goal is to encourage you to go outside and daily practice biking, running and walking. You can choose one, two, or all three activities.
Our dedicated web application connects with your Strava or Sports Tracker profile and synchronizes your tracks. After that, the app converts your activities from kilometers to points based on the program rules. You can see a live leaderboard with all registered participants.
The game consists of 6 levels. Each level has a target number of points and a minimum number of participants to achieve the target. Once the target is achieved, the level is unlocked, and the prizes are available. The levels are unlocked gradually.
Besides the game levels, there is a common target of 250.000 KM for all participants. If we reach this target by the end of the program, Fortech will donate 10.000 EUR to a cause we'll choose together. For each additional KM, Fortech will pay 0.25 EUR (up to another 10.000 EUR).
The Moving Challenge program has 4 sub-challenges:
- Moving Challenge – the general one, also called “Combined Challenge”. It accumulates the points you gain in all 3 activities: biking, running, or walking. The levels system of the game is based on this challenge.
- Biking Challenge – the most active bikers will receive a special prize at the end of the program.
- Running Challenge – the most active runners will receive a special prize at the end of the program.
- Walking Challenge – The most active walkers will receive a special prize at the end of the program.
Ionela Vanca, Senior Software Developer – 2nd Place Winner of 2021 Moving Challenge
Taking part in the 2021 and 2022 Moving Challenge was an awesome experience. It motivated me to take on physical activity regularly and consistently. I ended up preferring to ride the bike or walk rather than drive to places. Also, following other colleagues and competing with them made things a lot more fun.
- You can choose one, two, or all three activities: biking, running, walking.
- All tracks must be done outdoors (with the GPS turned on). Please stop or pause the activity anytime you enter a building.
- For the Bike activity: we accept non-electrical powered bicycles.
- All your tracks must be public.
- We rely on the common sense of each participant. We will not check each participant’s tracks daily, but we’ll check the overall tracks from time to time. The suspicious tracks will be investigated and removed from the system. You can also report tracks directly from the app.
- The Moving Challenge has 6 levels. At each level, you need to accumulate a certain number of points.
- You can track the progress on each level (both company and personal) on the homepage of the app.
- Each level will be unlocked if you as an individual gain the minimum target of points and together as a team reach the minimum number of participants. Each unlocked level comes with prizes.
- [Beware] The levels can be unlocked only gradually. So you can’t unlock the 2nd level, without unlocking the 1st one and so on.
Bogdan Budeanu, Director of Engineering – Participant in the 2022 Moving Challenge
Caught up with meetings, urgent issues to be addressed, forgetting to drink water or to stretch after several hours sitting down. Sounds familiar? We often forget that our body was “designed” to be in motion. Moving Challenge is an invitation and a reminder to introduce or keep, in our day-to-day routines, the necessary activities that we need to stay healthy. By joining and accepting the challenges, I suddenly realized how often and easy it was to find excuses not to exercise.
Another great thing about the program is that we can compete with other colleagues from the team, from the office, from other cities, but most importantly, we will compete with ourselves. Let’s get the moving challenge together!
- Our team target is to achieve 250.000 KM in all challenges. The total number of kilometers is displayed on the homepage of the application, in the main banner area.
- If we achieve this target, Fortech will donate 10.000 EUR to a cause we’ll choose together with Moving Challenge participants. We’ll discuss the mechanism of voting during the program.
- For each additional KM above this target, Fortech will pay an extra 0.25 EUR. The maximum amount of the extra donation is 10.000 EUR.
- We can support only NGOs from Romania.
For each level reached, you will get a cool prize. Details will come soon.
Special prizes: for the top 3 participants in each activity type (biking, running, walking and combined) extra prizes will be available.
How To Join?
The Moving Challenge program is open externally with an invite-only format. To receive an invite, contact a friend/acquaintance from Fortech.
If you are a former Fortech employee, you can benefit of the guaranteed alumni invite. Send us an email at [email protected] to receive your alumni invitation.
Roland Gyavol, Software Architect – Winner of 2022 Moving Challenge & Biking Challenge
A couple of years ago, I hated running. I hated it with all my heart. I couldn’t imagine how one can enjoy it. Why would somebody run 30-50-110 km in the mountains? Then I joined “Moving Challenge 2021”. The daily activity model was very motivating to do at least the minimum required target rather than 10 times more the day after (because I hate running, remember?), just to get the same amount of points. And it just worked. Level 5 – checked.
One year later, I was eagerly waiting for the 2022 edition to start. I didn’t aim to win, I didn’t imagine competing with those who had been doing this for years already. I never even went to a running competition before. I just wanted to reach Level 5 again. But then, a couple of days later, there was a “Challenge accepted” moment. In the end, after more than 180+ days of running, biking, and walking each and every day, I reached Level 5 again, and not only. All thanks to the Moving Challenge. 5 stars out of 5 & I would definitely recommend this to a friend.