Project Manager, Project Management Office (PMO)
Fortech is looking to add a valuable function to its organizational structure by evolving the Project Management Office (PMO), as part of the Operations team.
In this young PMO structure, we are looking for a Project Management Officer that will provide project management support for any project, as needed, and with a focus on processes and knowledge management area across the organization.
This involves working in partnership with internal stakeholders (C-Level, functional areas, Senior Managers and Project Managers) to oversee the management of information within the organization and ensure that the information needs of the company are met in a timely, effective and efficient manner and to provide advice and support that helps the organization effectively plan and manage transformation or commercial projects.
Project Management Process/Methodology:
- Share and promote the project management discipline within the organization
- Improve and implement a common set of practices, principles, methods and tools for the management and delivery of various projects
- Select and maintain project management tools and templates for the organization
Project Management Process Control:
- Ensure project management standards are being followed by performing regular assessments of projects through audits; define and standardize reporting methods, metrics, KPIs
- Ensure the continuous improvement of project management practices
Internal Consulting and Mentoring:
- Disseminate know-how, provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to Project Managers inside Business Units or other structures inside the organization
Home for Project Managers:
- Offer project support on request: provide project management guidance and advice to Project Managers within the organization. On request, take over the Project Management for the entire customer project
- Maintain a centralized office from which project managers can be assigned to work on projects
Process and Knowledge Management:
- Provide the framework and support for process definition, implementation and improvement across organization and measure and assess the current processes
- Understand the future state and actively support the operational improvements of the teams
- Lead workshops and discussions to challenge the teams to think beyond fixing the current problems, but rather continuously building better processes for their activity
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including unit managers, project managers, engineers and leadership members
- Participate actively in multiple working groups at one time and disseminate information across all levels of the organization
- Ensure strategic implementation, institutionalization, delivery and maintenance of engineering, business process and knowledge management practices
- Establish and use knowledge management methodologies to ensure the standardization of business process information, training, and knowledge management practices
- Identify tools and technologies to effectively support the Knowledge Management processes
- Review on a regular basis business knowledge content and make recommendations to keep content updated and fresh; develop a program to monitor content and ensure relevancy
- Integrate information from departments and functions throughout the organization to facilitate easy access, sharing and dissemination of information with internal partners and customers
- Educate teams on how to manage Knowledge Management tools; create and deliver internal training programs for the business process implementation purposes
- Knowledge and relevant experience with project management practices, standards, tools, methodologies (PMP, Prince, Agile)
- Experience with development methodologies (Agile Scrum, Kanban etc.) and with Atlassian Product Suite Tools
- Knowledge of standards: Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), ISO 9001, ISO 27001, Institute of Electrical, and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Demonstrated excellence in understanding and implementing best practices as it relates to complex IT projects and can resolve an organizational need and actively participates in all phases of the software engineering process (SDLC)
- Experience focusing on process improvement: documenting processes and applying methodologies for business improvement and identify opportunities for reducing waste
- Content management skills and a willingness to learn to use and manage various IT systems currently employed as knowledge repositories (e.g. Confluence, OneDrive)
- Proficiency in English
- Advanced communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to work independently, but also roll up and align efforts to the larger team goals
Nice to Have:
- Experience of working on projects delivering organizational change is an advantage
- Experience with organizational projects and with implementing CRM/ERP projects within organizations
- Experience with distributed teams
- Project Management or Software Engineering related certifications
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules, remote work or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.