Senior Java Engineer
Fortech is looking to add a Senior Java engineer to its team for an automotive industry application (EJB client, EJB server).
In this role, you will work on a system that serves the commercial passenger car industry business to document the data of the product development process in the areas of development, production, sales and after-sales. For each model series, the documentation consists of a product overview, product structure and the reliable buildable parts data.
- Desktop Technologies: Java Swing, SWT, Eclipse RCP, OSGI
- Server Technologies: EJB, Hibernate, JaxWS, JAXB, JMS
- Databases: DB2
- Continuous integration tools: Cruise Control (deprecated), Jenkins
This will be a dynamic environment, where you will have the chance to participate throughout the complete software development lifecycle, including the design and architectural decisions, and to focus on software quality through peer reviews, refactoring, continuous integration and deployment.
You will be part of our Java team in Cluj Napoca and will connect with software engineers and leaders from our client in Germany.
- Analysis and design
- Architectural decisions
- Specification analysis and effort assessment
- Development of new features
- Redesign and refactoring
- Maintenance of existing features
- Code reviews
- Release activities
- Continuous development process improvement
- Ensure close communication with the team and the client
- Working experience with Java SE
- Good knowledge of Eclipse
- Experience with RCP and SWT
- Solid understanding of Java design patterns
- Proactive and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to coach and lead junior colleagues
- Good command of English
You will work in an environment that demands professionalism and in the same time values quality people and connections. Our principles are simple: show respect, be reliable and continuously seek to progress.
We offer competitive compensation package, medical insurance, learning and development opportunities and other perks and benefits.
And we also strive to fine-tune our offering to meet particular needs, such as flexible working schedules, remote work or any other benefit that adds value to you and is within our possibilities.